Beautifully Restless

Monday, February 6, 2012

Quite Reflection

Today my brother would have been 25. He was my best friend and I miss him greatly. He was someone who knew a lot about what seemed nothing at times. He would always be running his mouth and was never quiet. I remember the last time I visited with him-it was the winter I ate the only snickers bar he had. We sat at this long brown table in an area they labeled for visitors. I brought my crocheting stuff with me and tried to crochet to pass the time. We went all over the place he was put in-he wanted me meet people and show me around. I enjoyed spending that time with him. That was the last time I saw him alive. I didn't want to leave and I wish I hadn't. He knew he wasn't going to make this far and he was right.
I just hope I can keep it together at school-I have up to this point. Today is going to be a celebration of my brother life.
Dear Michael,
It's been the longest and shortest nine months of a year. If I stand still long enough time seems to just go right on by. I feel so lonely sometimes, bitter others, and even worse sometimes resentful of others who have siblings. I wish that everyone who had a sibling realized how special they are. I used to cry almost everyday, and now I cry every once and a while-I'm so sorry for being selfish. You were patient for such a long time-and all of us wondered why. Your reward was heaven-ours was knowing you. The day that I left you-I felt it in my heart it would be the last time. I was right-it's so hard to hear people say I was a good sister-because I don't believe I was. I'm sorry for leaving you. I thought it would make me feel better. I never lost sight of you-I never forgot to think about you. Sometimes I think your still here-and in spirit you are. 
I could have sworn Mr. Michael you came to me in a dream-without saying much you assured me that you were okay-it's what's I needed to know. Thank you for that. 
Love Sissy

No comments:

Post a Comment